1/1/08

senior pictures




i took some senior pictures for my good friends', little sister. isn't she gorgeous? i mean, the pictures turned out great, but it was really hard to take a bad picture of this girl. she looks like a model! it was fun to take these and work on my photography skills...thanks gabby for being such a great subject :)
well, the countdown is officially on...we leave in 10 days. 10 days???? it seems so unreal to me right now. it was exciting to go to florida this weekend and get things settled away with our house, but it still does not seem possible that we are moving there. i seriously always thought i would live here my whole life. i mean, kansas is not the most interesting place to live, but it's home, and it always has been. it's going to be weird to not be at the same church, and to not see my good friends every sunday. i really will miss our church home. they have been our second family for 3 years now. it's going to feel pretty empty without it, but i'm sure we will find a new church home, that we hopefully love just as much as cedar ridge. i'm also trying to get used to the fact that my parents will not be so close...this seems totally unreal to me. i'm lucky enough to have my dad and step mom live just a few short minutes away from us, and my mom doesn't live much farther than that. it's going to be strange to not just have them over whenever we want (or need) them. i think that seems the hardest for me...and not just for me, but for my kids. they don't really understand what's going on, but i know they love their grandparents, so the thought of them being sad, makes me sad. all of you parents out there know what i'm talking about. the last thing you want is for your kiddos to not be happy. i'm confident though that we will keep the paths hot from here to florida, and visiting will happen quite often. this is a huge adventure for our family...and i can hardly believe that it's almost happening.
so, how was your new years eve? ours was a blast! we started the night out with the cheneys and ronnings, eating at texas roadhouse. it was fun...and yummy :) we then headed over to a bunco extravaganza. yes, you heard me right, and no, it was not full of old drunk ladies (cause that's what you think about when you think about bunco :) ) i had never played bunco before, but it was, quite honestly, one of the funnest things i've ever done! why have i never played this game before? and, it was the first new years eve (since we've had kids) that we stayed up till 12:00...that's an accomplishment! anyways, thanks nato and jami for inviting us...we really had a great time! (and nato...i think you had a great time as well, huh? how you feeling today :) )
happy new years everyone!!